Update-Run: Debug & Programme
Have you ever thought about how unnecessary it is to update and run a script in Blender's Text Editor? While it’s far from being complex, the little ritual of clicking ‘Resolve’, then ‘Reload’ then ‘Play’ becomes strenuous and borderline absurd.
UpdateRun has just one button that updates the script from disk, resolves conflicts, and runs it all in one click. If the button’s not red, it’ll run the script just as in default Blender.
But wait, there’s more: by default there is no way to clear the terminal, but now you can easily do that, in addition to having a timestamp and text telling you when the script has finished running.
This variant includes everything from Update-Run, plus benchmarking code and showing it in graphs withtin your browser using SnakeVis, adding a Protect State for your code, and having the ability to revert your code at each run which can help for rapid testing.
This can show you where certain functions are being repeated too many times, or unintended actions are throttling the performance of your script. With that in mind, you can find the issues easier and flesh out your work.
When you're programming a script directly in Blender, and that would lead to errors or changes of the UI, that can rattle your workplace and lead to a lot of redundant re-openings of the programming tab.
When you use Protect State, your programming tab will remain in frame at all times no matter of your script's outcome.
It’s time to save some time and lotta mouse clicks!
- Added new features for the script and put them in a new variant labeled Update-Run Plus
- Added tools to benchmark Blender. This can be started and stopped under the ‘Benchmark’ button in the Text Editor UI
- When finished benchmarking, the results can be visualized in SnakeVis
- Added the ability to ‘protect’ a script from changing the selected objects, interaction mode or editor types when running a script, even if the script itself gets an error
- Gave the ability to ‘revert’ the Blender save file each time the script is run which can be useful if a script you’re testing changes things
- Prevented UpdateRun from raising superfluous errors, since Blender already does this
Choose a product version:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||3 months ago|
|Blender Version||2.83, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message