Procedural Normal Map Generation In Blender !
Squircle Normal is a compositor node group designed to bring normal map generation right into blender without any third party apps! Convert your height and diffuse textures into tangent/global space normal maps!
The node group takes an image representing a texture and returns:
- Tangent Normals: A tangent space normal map.
- Global Normals: A global space normal map.
- Inverse Global Normals: A global space normal map with negative z component.
See It In Action:
Leverage the power of blender's compositor for fine control over your maps!
Extracting the finest details from your image!
Near realtime results, fast preview!
Use Blender's features in your creations!
Changes in v1.3:
- Added invers global normals output. Useful in computing dot products.
- Organized node tree.
Changes in v1.2:
- Slightly faster.
- Corrected the normal computing equation.
- Removed derivative map output.
Changes in v1.1:
- Optimized node tree.
Changes since Beta Version:
- A basic central finite difference operator is now used instead of sobel operator. This improves performance but introduced subtle noise in high frequency details.
- More accurate computation of normals.
- 3x faster.
- Global space normals were added.
- Accurate derivative map was introduced.
- NonSeamless map generation operator was removed.
- MultiSpectrum operator was removed.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||about 7 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.6x, 2.7x, 2.77, 2.78, 2.79, 2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message