I released a free version of this product over 1 year ago. I had several people request an updated paid version. I'm now at a point where I'm confident in supporting this as a paid add-on.
I will continue to update the free version, but behind this new pro version.
SVG imports are marginally supported in Blender and it hasn't changed for a while.
What this add-on does better:
- Maintain the collection / layer hierarchy of the original file. Layers in SVG are often significant!
- Allow stacking the objects / layers to better work with them without being all smashed together
- Support for XML namespaces (causes some SVG imports to fail or partially work in standard import)
- Render "use" references in SVG files.
- Better reuse of materials generated
- Transparency in materials from SVG styles
- Selection tools specific to imported SVG workflows
- Easy placement of objects with orientation and scale on imported SVG elements !
- Set Extrude on all selected.
- Set material for all selected
- Set geometry nodes for all selected.
- SVG styles are converted into custom properties of the object for creative uses with nodes.
- select by SVG style
- (1.3) supports CSS styles! This is the default way Adobe Illustrator creates SVG
- (1.4) optionally emissive materials on import, allowing for smoother 2d workflows
Supported on Discord: https://discord.com/invite/TVg6gyzyGs
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 1 year ago|
|Blender Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message