The Southern White African Rhino is a 3D model made in Blender 2.79 that forms part of a series of African Savannah inhabitants. This product has a wide variety of applications as it includes realtime and high resolution models. The model is both rigged and animated using Deer Rigger, which is a modified version of Rigify for Quadrupeds.
The product consists of,
- 4k Color, Mask and Normal Textures
- Non-overlapping UV's
- Realtime Model made-up of 1186 Faces
- High Resolution Sculpt model
- Active Modifier stack
- Animated walk cycle
- Cycles Material Node Network
The Southern White African Rhino product consists of several files,
- rhino_realtime.blend : A realtime, low poly version of the rhino consisting of approximately 2k polys and non-overlapping UV's.
- rhinoSculpt.blend : High resolution sculpted rhino consisting of approximately 950k polys.
- rhino_walk.blend : Rigged and animated rhino, with an active modifier stack that's ready to render for Cycles.
- rhino_walk-SB-HR.blend : Same as rhino_walk.blend but with Soft Body, secondary animation on a high resolution model ready for baking. As per video preview rendering.
- rhinoPose.blend : Rigged rhino in various product poses.
- rhinoColor4k.png : Color channel texture map in 4K.
- rhinoSSSMask4k.png : Sub-Surface Scattering channel Mask in 4K.
- hornMask4k.png : Mask for isolating horns in 4K.
- rhinoNormal4k.png : Normal map baked from sculpt in 4K.
- rhino.obj : 3D mesh for compatibility with other software.
The latest version of the Southern White African Rhino product consists of several updates,
- Enhanced Node Network for rendering with Cycles
- Updated texture files
- Improved animated walk-cycle
- Dynamic secondary animation file included with Soft Body already setup in rhino02_SB.blend
- NLA Strips consisting of Poses in product renders and separate strip for Walk animation
- Camera adjusted for HD output (1920 * 1080)
- Simpler setup does not require Appending Sculpt data, just open the Blend file and start rendering!