Kick-start your procedural materials
This pack contains:
- 8 procedural tiles textures, each producing a different layout of tiles
- a set of custom utility nodes to help you build procedural materials
- an example material illustrating how to use these nodes to create high quality procedural materials.
All the textures are customisable, some featuring different modes and types. The rounded corners and edges of the tiles, the space between tiles, and the height of the grout are all adjustable.
The nodes generate:
- a Height map for use with Bump or Displacement
- a Mask to isolate tiles from grout
- a Header Mask for isolating certain pertinent tiles
- Edge Masks for applying effects to only the edges of tiles for greater realism
- a UV map for each tile for texturing or further procedurals
- a Pixelated UV map for mosaic effects
- a unique Random color value for each tile
Simple In - Advanced Out
These procedural textures produce advanced results from simple inputs. They can use Object coordinates, UV maps, Generated coordinates, or any type of gradients. Size values are in world units for absolute control.
Note that the texture does not take a Vector input, but two separate axes named U and V. In the example material above, we use the X and Z axes of the Object Texture Coordinates.
The 8 Types
Each texture gives you a different layout of tiles with several options for customisation. Here are the 8 types and their variations:
- Standard Tiles
- English/English Cross
- Double English Cross
- Basket Weave
Highly Optimized Custom Nodes
This pack comes with a free additional pack of custom utility nodes to help you build your procedural materials:
- Height Blend - mixes two values by returning the higher of the two
- Value Mix - mixes two values like a Color Mix
- Value Ramp - remaps two values to a custom range, similar to a Color Ramp
- Grad Dist - an optimized circular gradient
- Grad Rad - a radial gradient
- UV Rotation - rotates two axes
- Vector + Color - transforms a color into a vector and adds it to an input vector
|Dev Fund Contributor
|over 4 years ago
|2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message