SPEED UP SCENE PERFORMANCE, LOWER MEMORY USAGE AND RENDER FASTER!
Link Tools finds duplicate meshes and merges, groups, or instances them.
This is especially useful when working with large and complex models or scenes, where duplicate meshes can be hard to find and combine manually.
Duplicate meshes can negatively impact performance as Blender is consistently using all the unique object data. This is why large scenes, heavy animations or meshes tend to run slowly.
To better optimize our scenes, instancing them will link their object data, speed up performance and greatly reduce memory costs.
HOW TO USE ADDON
PRESS "Y' TO PULL UP LINK TOOLS MENU
- Select a "Mesh" to make it active.
- Select "Find duplicates"
- Choose To Merge Meshes, Instance/Link Data, or Group Meshes.
- Find Duplicates - Select all duplicates of the active mesh
- Merge Selected - Combines all duplicates and generates an origin at the center of the resulting geometry.
- Group Selected - Creates a parented group of all selected meshes using a plain axis empty.
- Select All Groups - Selects all groups (empty plain axes).
- Create Instance - Creates an instance of the active mesh by linking its data to the selected mesh via various pop-up options.
- Unlink Instance - Unlinks the data/undoes the instancing from the selected meshes via various pop-up options.
- Active Instances - Select the instances linked to the active mesh.
- Color Instances - Adds a random color material to all instances in the scene. Used to better visualize all your instances.
FIND DUPLICATE MESHES!
MERGE DUPLICATE MESHES!
GROUP DUPLICATE MESHES!
CREATE INSTANCES FOR DUPLICATE MESHES AND WATCH LINK TOOLS SPEED UP YOUR SCENE & LOWER MEMORY USAGE IN SECONDS!
FOR SUPPORT PLEASE EMAIL: MIKE@LIGHTBLUESPACES.COM 24/7 OR SEND US A MESSAGE VIA BLENDER MARKET AT LIGHTBLUESPACES
LIFETIME UPDATES FOR FREE! SEND US THOUGHTS AND IDEAS TO BETTER UPDATE ADDON!
THANK YOU ALL AND PROCEEDS GO TO SUPPORTING LIGHTBLUESPACES STUDIO AND BLENDER DEV FUND!
|Dev Fund Contributor
|9 months ago
|3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message