Full planet: https://blendermarket.com/products/large-scale-procedural-planet-with-3d-cities-and-vegetation
Originally developed in Blender 3.0 and still works perfectly with the latest release of Blender.
This is not a plugin, it is a .Blend save file with a terrain shader, lighting, camera setup and atmosphere in it
The terrain is made with procedural noise and the 3D structures and trees are generated by saved displacement images. This doesn’t need any mods or plugins to use.
This download contains a procedural terrain setup with atmosphere. everything is textured and features city lights for night time renders. This model can be used for commercial purposes and is originally developed for Blender Cycles only.
There is a text file included with a link to a short instructional YouTube video to give some guidance to using this project
Due to the scale and complexity of the setup, there can be some errors visible in the water when near it. There is a ‘’closeup water’’ object that might need slight height adjustment right above the original water to block these errors.
In the shader of the terrain there is a set of parameters where you can generate a seed of your liking
There is a general seed parameter that randomizes everything every time you change it.
There is also more parameters for more precise tweaking like: Mountain, desert and city location seeds.
There is also parameters to increase or decrease biomes. For example you can have a 100% snow or desert map, or 100% skyscrapers.
There is a second wide angle camera behind the main camera that’s responsible for the adaptive displacement. This camera will give priority to closer details compared to far details (for optimization reasons)
The scene is optimized to get as much details with as little memory usage as possible. I would still recommend a system with at least 8gb RAM (and 6gb GPU memory if you decide to render on your GPU).
If your GPU doesn’t have enough memory, you can always choose to render on your CPU.
I have included some example settings and how much memory usage there is in the images above.
All renders on this page are rendered with 32gb of ram.
Types of terrain:
· Islands (any sizes: from 100 meters to country sized)
· Land bridges
· Rocky/collapsed mountainsides
· Rolling Hills
· Flat plains
Types of biomes:
· Spruce forest
· Grassy fields in spruce forest
· Red desert and rocks
· (Light blue) oceans
· Farm fields/countryside
· Cities (from mini villages to 200km metro areas)
o Suburbs (with single houses at the edge of cities)
o Commercial district
o Industrial district
o Historic city center
o Skyscraper downtown
o Supertall skyscraper with park
· Large scale procedural terrain setup (approx. 750km)
· (adaptive) Displacement based
· No addons needed
· Detailed 3D cities and nature
· Detailed and diverse from low and high altitude renders
· Stylized map to easily find biomes and cities
· Atmosphere for scale effect
· Slight curvature for high altitude renders.
· Orange atmosphere for sunset (increase atmosphere density for more vibrant colors)
· Night sky with stars and milky way
· Night city lights
· Optimized memory usage
· Easy to customize seeds
· Possible to animate seeds
· Natural and complex looking terrain and biome blending.
· Possible to import custom objects (but keep in mind it’s a 1:1000 scale, so I advise only use large scale objects, like a space elevator or custom island)
· Advanced users can replace the cities and forests by their own diffuse and heightmaps.
· Advanced users can bake the setup for exports.
This is developed for renders in Blender Cycles only.
But with intermediate experience in Blender, it is possible to bake the diffuse and greyscale of this terrain shader for export purposes. The quality will be lower than the native terrain setup in Blender since images only have a certain amount of greyscale levels (256 for jpeg and png)
(commercial/monetized) Examples for this scene can be used for: Game / Environment design ideas, concept art, 3D backgrounds, VR, AR, Research, high altitude renders, Greenscreen, Animation, advertisement, Education, presentations, city design study, landscape study, NFT, Film scene, HDRI
Feel free to edit and modify as much as you like.
Textures are custom made. But the grass color, rock and sand are CC0 textures from Polyhaven.
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 1 year ago|
|Blender Version||3.0, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6|
|Render Engine Used||cycles|
|Misc Data||uvs-unwrapped, textured|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message