Friendly Pivot addon mimics the functionality of the Autodesk Maya Pivot Transform tool with minor differences and improvements for the Blender. Its main task is to quickly and conveniently change the Pivot Transform Orientation, Origin and 3D Cursor positions by pressing one key, eliminating the need to select the desired component of a mesh and long travel through different menus to select a necessary action.
Just press and hold the button, hover cursor mouse above desire and highlighted component and click LMB or RMB to execute the transform.
- Change Pivot Transform orientation.
- Change Origin and 3D Cursor positions.
Blender 2.80 or higher. Works in 2.9.
Current version 0.2.21
Fix issue with Auto set Pivot to 3D Cursor key. Now it switches center between Median and 3D Cursor when pressing the button.
Version 0.2.2. Updates Video
- Added restoring preferences. This is experimental feature to store custom setup every time when addon is turned off. Tested in Windows only. In Linux, Mac Os could be errors.
- Added ability to set conform buttons.
- Added Multi Selection Mode for Origin(for now).
- Added Set Origin to one axis(global).
- Fix issue with keyboard special symbols for invoke key
Version 0.0.93. Video
- Added viewport shortcuts help and indicators.
- Added 3D Cursor Orientation.
- Added Auto set Pivot to 3D Cursor shortcut and pref.
- Added Auto set SCPO to Move/Rotate/Scale Tools shortcut and pref.
- Added Double click D key for setting selected object's Origins to center.
- In some cases addon behaves as local orientation and not as native blender normal mode for verts axis.
- Works only for meshes now.
While pressing and holding D(default invoke addon key):
- 1. Press LMB - To set just Transform Orientation.
- 2. Press MMB - Sets only 3D Cursor to highlighted.
- 3. Press RMB - Sets only Origin to highlighted.
- 4. Press and hold S, then LMB - Sets Origin and Orientation.
- 5 Press and hold C, then RMB - Sets 3D Cursor.
- 6. Press and hold A - Activate multi selection mode for Origin.
- 7. Press and hold X or Y or Z - Set Origin to one axis.
- 7. Press O - Switch On/Off Pivot to Cursor settings.
- 8. Press P - Switch On/Off SCPO into Active Transform Tools settings.