What is Flowify?
Flowify is a Blender add-on for 3D modelers that can bend an object to a surface object that has evenly spaced four sided faces and four corners or are cylindrical in nature. A simple flat reference grid is used to guide the deformation.
This enables the creation of interesting objects that could be challenging to model otherwise.
To use, create the following objects:
- The Source Object is the object you wish to bend.
- The Source Grid is a flat reference plane used to guide the bending.
- The Target Surface is either a 4 sided, 4 faced surface you wish to bend to, or an open cylinder.
Then select the Source Object and run Flowify from the right-click menu. Choose a matching corner between the Source Grid and the Target Surface. Flowify will then generate the result for you.
- Edit the Source Object and the result will be automatically updated.
- Edit the Target Surface and the result will automatically update as well.
- Works on flat and cylindrical surfaces.
- Materials are also copied over.
- Use on regular objects, instanced objects and text (As long as they have deformable topology).
- Configure a Flowify modifier with additional options afterwards.
- Use optionally in Blender’s Quad View mode.
- The deformation will only be as good as a Source Object’s mesh topology: The mesh needs enough vertices and faces for it to deform well.
- See the differences between this and my other surface matching add-ons Conform Object and Mesh Materializer in the FAQ here.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you have any questions or issues do not hesitate to get in touch by clicking the 'Ask a Question' button on this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the documentation at https://flowify-docs.readthedocs.io/
Version 1.1: Cylindrical Surfaces
Flowify now comes with the ability to bend objects around cylindrical surfaces as well. See this update video:
You may also like...
...or any of my other add-ons.
|Dev Fund Contributor
|3 months ago
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message