BGE-MC aims at simplifying the blender material creation and workflow by ridding the user of having to manually load all the required textures. The add-on is located in the tools shelf. When choosing to add a new texture, a file path chooser appears and the image is loaded as one of the following texture maps: diffuse, normal, specular, emission, glow, reflection and ambient occlusion. The following example illustrates a simple internal mechanic: the user can choose to only select an image for the diffuse map, then only a texture node called "Diffuse" is created with the colour and alpha channels selected.
- It automatically names the textures data nodes in the material textures list according to the files that are loaded. It then activates all the properties associated to the loaded types.
- Each texture is mapped to UV with FLAT projection.
- Materials generated can be used with the blender render engine or the blender game engine.
Possible add-on outcomes:
- When the material is created, it is added to the global material list of the .blend file.
- It can add the material to an activated object materials list.
Please follow this link to read a more in depth description of the add-on.
Free updates !
I’m a Blender Game Engine (BGE) artist myself, which means that I constantly add new features and improve BGE-MC for myself and the community. Once you purchase BGE-MC, you’ll be able to download every consecutive update without ever taking your wallet out again.