Need to rig characters quickly while aiming for feature film quality ?
As a professional animator and a Blender head generalist/coder, I'm glad to share this addon first developped for my personal use to offer a proven workflow to animators and riggers, for movie production and providing Unity and Unreal Engine support.
Before rating it: If you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Prerequisite: You need to know the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, especially to skin the facial bones wich requires more tweaking after the automatic skinning than the body. Due to recent API changes, Blender 2.78c or above is required.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, the smart tool will automatically try to find the body parts locations for you (bipeds only so far). Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or for more accuracy), eventually place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. The armature remains easily editable anytime after the generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures...
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Additionally, to animate over a motion capture action on an additive layer, check the additive keyer addon (free)!
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, making possible to use the rigged avatar in Unity or Unreal Engine. Shape keys are transferred as well. Two export types are supported: generic to export any characters and creatures, or humanoid to keep a human bone hierarchy, allowing animation retargetting inside game engines. The bend bones and full facial rig are now exportable along both types.
For cartoon effects, bending, stretching, or fine pose sculpting, the secondary controllers are the indispensable tool. Use it instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what's in the box:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds character
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Easy bone shape edition
- A clear, easy to use bone picker
- Quick color customization
- Fully cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp)
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup
- Improved skinning based on Blender's heatmaps
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support: Unity - Unreal Engine FBX Generic and Humanoid rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. BVH files compliant - Mixamo animations, with IK support
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- And finally, the best thing: by buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone. And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
- Grasp Fingers: a new property to bend all fingers at once! Located on the hands controller, Rig Main Properties tab
- Rig presets: Now choose between multiple presets when clicking the Add Armature button, Human, Dog or Horse!
- New remap preset for mixamo fbx armatures
- Changed the arms fk prepole constraint from TrackTo to Damped Track
- Missing argument when appending with the smart tool
- Remap: Solved the root offset when redefining the source armature rest pose, implemented a new method to handle armatures with non-initialized transforms
- Fixed the picker UI ears position of the horse and dog presets
- Added more checks to the armature update function to ensure better property limits and picker layout
- Mirror custom shapes
Renamed the confirmation buttons: Apply Shape and Apply Layout (picker)
- Some secondary bones axis on the arms were not mirrored
- Other interface languages interferred in the constraint names
- Make sure the armature layer is displayed when operating on
- More parameters for fingers detection: now choose between No finger, 4 or 5 fingers detection
- Better thigh roots locations with high-poly meshes
The IK poles are now better aligned for display (orthogonal alignment with knees/elbows)
- Speed optimization when redefining the rest pose (13x faster!)
- The picker camera clipping was too short in certain cases
- Disabling several arms/legs at the same time now treats only one, avoiding errors
- Removed some obsolete "cs" shapes
- The spine controllers are now more evenly positionned, smaller foot controller by default
- Some limbs picker buttons were out of the view
- Under certain circumstances, the rig object datas was lost
- Now removes all armature modifiers before binding, was causing troubles with .fbx imported models
- The turn button did not rotate the base meshes. Disabled X Topology Mirror if enabled.
- Remap: Ensure right object selection and pose mode when redefining the rest pose. Added a Cancel button. Straight IK chains were leading to an error.
Auto Rig Pro Release!
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!