Quixel Helper Addon: Combines the best quality textures with speed.
Quixel Bridge is a perfect asset browser that shows excellent previews. It has also filter options and categories. (if you don't know Quixel Megascan: it offers the best quality textures on earth). The problem when we export material (surface) from Quixel Bridge to Blender, there is no or not a good mapping applied. So it takes a lot of time to prepare you materials before you can use them. Here a screenshot Quixel Bridge:
The Solution: Quixel Helper Addon
- With one button click you can add tri-planar mapping Quixel's material. No need to UV-unwrap.
- You can scale the texture in the addon, so no need to go in the node-editor or properties panel and search for the mapping properties.
- If you still wish, you can also add UV-mapping with one button click.
What else the Quixel Helper Addon offers:
- Three useful snap-presets to block out a scene a bit faster: Sticky snap, Edge snap and Increment Snap.
- Add better primitives (cube and cylinder) that has an origine at the bottom. Now you don't need to go in Edit mode, make selection, cursor to selected, object mode origin to cursor. So now we can just add a primitive on the ground and scale it. Also very handy with Sticky Snap (surface).
- Camera tools. Now that we want to work as fast as possible, we will want to have the most used tools at hand: lock to view, unlock to view, passe-partout, add DOF with one click, and F-Stop.
- Color management: Choose Render-engine, Contrast, View Transform, Exposure.
22 February 2022:
- Increased the scale in box mapping from 2 to 4
- Quixel Bridge puts the roughness map in the wrong socket (specular). I added a button "Fix Roughness".
- Q. Bridge also puts the clearcoat on. Added a button to fix this "Fix Clearcoat"
22 May 2022:
- There were warnings in the system console that some classes didn't ‘_PT_’ with prefix & suffix. That is fixed in version 1.2
There are loads of ideas for the Quixel Helper Addon, for example:
- Tools to speed up particle system.
- Tools for Decals
- Random variations
At the moment I don't know yet what is most important, but I will add more features coming months.
|Published||over 2 years ago|
|Blender Version||2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message