Jim is cartoon rig for Blender 3D
Jim is a character made for training animation skills. In it, I tried to combine the best rigging practices, both from Blender 3D and Maya. The character turned out to be very light and optimized (a total of 325 bones and 19,788 faces). Also in the pack there are walking animations, a facial animation test and a script to create a panel with layers of rig.
Advanced system for mouth collision
Global and local inherit rotation for arms
Manual pivot for legs, arms and torso
And much more (watch the video)
Changes from 2020/07/21:
- Reworked inverse kinematics system.
- Added IK/FK snapping for arms and legs.
- Resetting leg transformations is more correct.
- The names of the properties for the legs have been renamed more logically.
- Resetting leg properties and snapping settings have moved to a separate panel.
- Minor fixes.
Changes from 2020/08/02:
- Made correct settings for linking the file