What is this plugin?
Intelligent Autosave and Versioning is a plugin for Blender 2.79 that helps you store a copy of each saved version of your project. We believe everyone should get the chance to save their work so we are pricing this plugin at $1. However, if you are using 2.8, you might be better off using the built-in "Auto Save Render" addon in the Testing category.
Why do I need this?
- If you make an accidental or regrettable change but save before you notice, you can recover your previous version
- When you want to share your work with others, you will have rendered images and .blend files from along the journey of your creative process
- A percentage of the revenue goes to support the development of Blender.
How does it work?
- When you save your .blend file with CTRL+S or otherwise, a copy of it will be stored in a nearby folder, but only if changes were made to the scene
- When you render your project, the file gets saved along with the finished image. The [filename]_versions directory will look like this
- Inside each directory, numbered files contain each version
- Saved versions (saved_versions)
- Rendered versions (rendered_versions)
- Rendered images (rendered_images)
How do I use it?
- Go to User Preferences>Add-ons in Blender
- Click "Install Add-on from File..."
- Navigate to the downloaded .py file and click the install button
- Find the addon (by searching or otherwise) in the addons menu click the checkbox to activate it
5. Click "Save User Settings" and close the preferences window
- Fixed versions being saved if no user-initiated change happened to the scene
- Fixed usage of scene_update_post handler to take into account its execution each frame
- First release
- Disk usage for large .blend files (packed images, etc.) is high.
The author of this plugin is not liable for any damages, including loss of work, that arise from the use or function of this software. We recommend that you check to see that the plugin is working before relying on it.